A Brief Revisit Of The Bathtub Porsche:"The Maestro"

 Harry Charles Pellow


PELOW, Harry Charles--October 5,1945--March 25,2003. The Maestro and his assistant, Harry Pellow, peacefully found their rest on the morning of March 25, 2003. Harry Pellow, graduate of M.I.T., B.S., 1967, Chemical Engineering, M.S., 1968, created the Maestro after his tenure as an engineer in the nuclear energy division of General Electric. After leaving GE, he pursued, in earnest, his passion for working with pre-1966 Porsche engines and became an acknowledged expert in the 356 Porsche community. HCP Research was founded based upon the initial book written by Mr. Pellow in 1980 entitled,"The ABCs(and 912's)of Porsche Engines or Porsche Engines and The Future Of the Human Race", where the "Maestro", the fictional master engine builder, was introduced to the 356 Porsche community. This was soon followed by a workshop manual for rebuilding 356 Porsche engines, "Secrets Of The Inner Circle". In total, Mr. Pellow published five(5) books and produced several video tapes.

Images By Upsplash





This is how I learned of so many things about Porsche and my 1967 Little Bathtub Porsche. I am forever in debited to the "Maestro" for this and as many others where and still today are I suspect. The "Maestro" taught me about ISBN and how to publish my very own articles and books which I am still at work to this very day. His guidance was more than what I would come to expect from a expert mechanic. This man knew what was to come in the future of not only Porsche cars but the internet as well. One must remember that this was the late Eighties and this was not heard of from most of those in academician circles. No Youtube and no Twitter to think of at this time!

The chance to write and publish your very own books about whatever your passions was was liberating and can be very rewarding. You should try it sometimes my friends. I am by no means an expert or an authority on how to write a book. You can find better resources online and at your local libraries for this kind of preparation . I am simply sharing with you the catalyst of my brief journey and how it all came about for me. Please forgive any misunderstandings that you may have about this for I wish to give value to many and keep my readers entertained and maybe a bit enlightened.

The above was an excerpt taken from Mr. Pellow's Obiutary found on the internet.. You can see this and more at my Pinterest website. To learn more about my interest and reads look below, thanks.




Thanks for allowing me the chance to share and explore the Universe with you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Train Yourself To Host An Online Event: Expectations and Realities In 2022

MORE ON AUTOMOTOTIVE DESIGN:MY FAUX Pony Car

Digital Marketing Made Simple: Using What You Know To Get What You Want